Friday, June 22, 2012

german whole wheat strawberry cake recipe (biskuit rolle)




My day started out pretty bad. My kids were cranky beyond my patience!!

So, when I tried out my first Erdbeer Biskuit Rolle ever I was surprised to have accomplished at least something which had a positive feedback. Anyhow, my mother made this cake in all kinds of fruit variations (raspberries, peaches, apricots, mangoes, currants and so on) but my personal favorite is still strawberry. My husband told me that this dessert reminded him of a strawberry shortcake, which of course I have to try out as well.


ingredients:

4 eggs
3 tbsp water
1 pinch of salt
125 g brown sugar
75 g whole white wheat flour
50 g cornstarch
400 ml heavy cream
400 g strawberries



what you do: 

  • preheat the oven at 390 Fahrenheit
  • separate the eggs
  • beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff
  • beat the egg yolk with the 3 tbsp of water and 75 g of the sugar until it bubbles, add the egg white and than add carefully the flour and cornstarch. Do not over stir it.
  • pour the batter in a rectangular shape on a flat baking sheet lined with parchment paper. It should be 1/4 inch thick. (use a spatula to get the desired thickness)
  • bake for 10 minutes
  • prepare a dish towel, lay it flat and sprinkle some sugar on top
  • flip the crust on top of it (remove parchment paper) and roll it up immediately 
  • let it cool down
  • cut the strawberries in little pieces
  • beat the heavy cream until firm
  • add the rest of the sugar and the strawberries
  • refrigerate the strawberry creme until the crust is cool.
  • fill the crust with 2/3 of the creme, roll it up again.
  • cover with the rest of the creme, decorate with some strawberries and chocolate sprinkles


Guten Appetit!











No comments:

Post a Comment